Here at Lifestyle Health,
We have a range of massages available for you to choose from:
• Remedial Massage
• Relaxation Massage
• Pregnancy Massage ( best between 12 – 39 weeks)
• Hot Stone Massage
This form of massage can provide a healing treatment through the use a number of different techniques including deep tissue massage, myofacial release, trigger point therapy and stretching, to name just a few.
One of the major benefits of Remedial Massage is the increase in blood circulation to the muscles being massaged, resulting in increased oxygen and nutrient availability to these tissues.
The increased circulation will also remove metabolic waste products that have built up in the muscles. Muscle pliability and joint flexibility, decreased muscle tension and the calming of nervous irritability are some other major physiological effects.
Lifestyle Health offers pregnancy massage to expectant mothers!
There are many benefits of massage during pregnancy, including the following:
• Helps relieve muscle spasms and cramps
• Helps with extra stress associated with the added weight bearing and physical changes
• Reduces stress and encourages the mother to relax
• Assists in reducing the stress in the weight bearing joints and musculoskeletal structures
• Helps increase both blood flow and lymphatic circulation
• Helps to reduce oedema (swelling) and cellular respiration
• Helps to maximize breathing capacity which is needed during labour and delivery
• Prepares the muscles for child birth
Massage using hot stones has been used for hundreds of years to help relieve tension and pain. The heat generated by the massage stones is not only relaxing but also helps to reduce muscular tension and break up those knots using heat and pressure.